TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Effective as of January 1, 2015)
By enrolling into programs offered through ARCH Education Center and any of its related companies or subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “ARCH”), the applicant and parent acknowledge and agree to our Terms and Conditions as specified below:
· Enrollment in ARCH courses may be subject to pre-course assessment to determine student’s suitability to enroll in lessons. ARCH reserves the right to refuse the admission of any student who, in its opinion, does not meet the minimum requirement for courses and/or may impact the learning of other students’ at the center.
· ARCH reserves the right to discontinue a student's enrollment at any time due to non-payment of tuition in part or in full, disruptive behavior in class or at the center, or negative impact on other students’ learning.
· Enrollment will be on a first come first served basis. ARCH reserves the right to release students’ enrollment /class placement if payment is not received in full by the indicated due date.
· ARCH reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. ARCH is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
· Students must settle all course fees before attending class. ARCH reserves the right to withdraw or preclude the student from attending class if student has not settled the course fee.
· All course payments are non-refundable once the student’s placement has been confirmed.
· Late payments received after the indicated due date will be subject to a late fee of $150. This applies to all Academic and Enrichment programs.
• Penalty fee arrangements will be as follows and will be strictly adhered to:
o 5% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after one month of due date
o 10% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after three months of due date
o 15% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after six months of due date
For Test Prep / Critical Reading & Writing / Writing Programs:
· For Fall term (Sep 1 to Dec 31) and Spring term (Jan 1 to May 31) courses:
- Course fees are calculated and charged on an equal monthly basis.
- The first monthly course fee installment must be received in full on or before the indicated due date. Thereafter, each subsequent monthly course fee installments must be received no later than the commencement of the first class of the month.
· For holiday courses:
- Upon confirmation of the student’s specific class placement, fee payments are due within one week of notification.
For Other Enrichment Programs:
· For courses in the Fall and Spring term, and holiday courses:
- Upon confirmation of the student’s specific class placement, course fee payments are due within one week of notification or as per indicated due date.
- Early bird discount (5% deduction from Enrichment course fees) is applicable to specific Enrichment courses only. Fee payments must be received in full on or before the early bird due date to enjoy the discount.
Make-up Class Arrangements:
· For Fall and Spring term courses:
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform ARCH (by phone or e-mail) before the start of the class in the event of absence due to illness. Other than sick leave with a doctor’s note, we require at least one week’s advance notice for absence and will not accommodate make-up class request for notification given on the day of the class or after class.
- There is a maximum of 3 make-up classes per term for Fall term and Spring term courses.
- Missed classes / make-up classes are non-refundable and non-transferable between students or courses. It is the student’s responsibility to contact ARCH to schedule make-up classes.
- Make-up class will only be offered in the form of a group lesson where the student joins a class at the same level. Make-up classes are subject to availability and we will try our best to place the student in a class at the same level. We will try our best to provide alternative class dates/times for the make-up but do not guarantee the available timeslots will fit the student’s schedule.
- Make-up classes need to be taken during the same term the class is missed and cannot be carried forward to another term. Outstanding make-up classes will be forfeited after the last day of the term.
- No refund or additional make-up classes will be offered if a student is unable to attend any scheduled / proposed make-up classes during the same term the class is missed for any reason.
- Materials from the missed class will be distributed to the student if the student is unable to attend other make-up class(es).
· For Holiday courses:
- ARCH does not offer any make-up classes or refunds for missed classes for holiday course.
- In the event of instructor absence, ARCH will notify the student of any instructor substitution or class rescheduling.
· For Semi-Private / Private Lessons:
- It is the parent’s/student’s responsibility to inform ARCH (by phone or e-mail) before the start of the lesson in the event of absence due to illness. Other than sick leave with a doctor’s note, we require at least 48 hours advance notice for absence and will not accommodate rescheduling or make-up lesson request for notification given less than 48 hours prior to the lesson or after lesson.
- Missed lesson(s) by the student are non-refundable and non-transferable. It is the parent’s/student’s responsibility to contact ARCH and/or the respective tutor to schedule lessons and notify ARCH and/or the respective tutor of any rescheduling.
- In the event of tutor absence, the tutor will notify parent/student of lesson rescheduling or ARCH will notify parent/student as soon as ARCH is notified by the tutor. Other than rescheduling lesson due to illness, the tutor will provide 48 hours notice or will reschedule lesson. If lesson cannot be rescheduled, the missed lesson will not be charged.
· To withdraw from any course or private lesson, it is the parent/student’s responsibility to provide ARCH with at least one month’s prior notice in writing (e-mail, fax or letter). For withdrawals without proper notification, parents/students are liable for the following month’s course fees.
Adverse Weather Conditions Policy:
· Classes will not be held when there is Typhoon 8 or Black Rain. There will be no make-up class, rescheduling or refund for cancelled classes due to weather.
· Classes will be held if the weather signals for Typhoon 8 or Black Rain are lowered two hours before the scheduled start time of the class.
· In case of school closure prior to the commencement of a course, we will refund in full the outstanding course fee collected to the parent/student immediately.
· There is no refund for courses confirmed by ARCH. However, in the event that
(i) a confirmed course needs to be canceled by ARCH or
(ii) a course which has commenced ceases to continue
and the student decline the revised arrangements offered by ARCH, we will refund in full or on a pro-rata basis the course fee collected as soon as possible and in any event no later than one month after the notification date of the course cancellation.
· We will inform the parent/student of refund arrangements either by phone or in writing (e-mail, fax or letter).
· We will refund course fee payments to the student in accordance to the above policies.
· We will issue a refund receipt to the parent/student and parent/student are required to sign to acknowledge receipt of the refunded payment.
· Refunds will be paid in the form of cash or cheque payments.
· Parents/students agree not to reproduce, distribute or show to any other person, in whole or in part, any of the class materials, lesson notes, assessments and tests distributed by ARCH without the prior written consent of ARCH.
· Parents/students are not permitted to solicit or make private arrangements for tuition with instructors/tutors employed by ARCH.
· Photographs and videos may be taken occasionally during the class time. Students and participants agree to be photographed or taped. ARCH reserves all rights to images and footages.
· ARCH reserves the right to use the applicant/student’s work for promotional or educational purposes.
· Parents are responsible to arrange appropriate transportation or pick-up for students to and from ARCH premises. ARCH does not require students to sign-out or notify us when they are leaving the premises.
· ARCH will not be held responsible for personal injuries, accidents, losses and damages incurred by the student while at ARCH premises.